Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lunch with the Deer

I am fortunate to work down the street from the forest preserve.  I often take my lunch there so I can enjoy the quiet.  During the warmer months, I sit at one of the picnic tables to eat, otherwise, I sit in my car with the windows open slightly so I can listen to the birds and the sound of the Des Plaines River.  Today, I was surprised by the number of deer out in the clearing.  It appears someone has treated the deer to a snack of apples and potatoes.  
  



"I see you, lady with the camera."


Catching snowflakes on his tongue???


It started to snow on the way home and I couldn't help but take a picture of the trees covered in snow.  Today was a very serene day.  I love when that happens!


2 comments:

  1. It must be so nice to watch the deer. And, that last picture is so beautiful! Even though I am ready for spring and have cursed this snow that has fallen the past few days. It is over now but for the melting and so I can enjoy your beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kara. I love it, too, and understand your anticipation for spring. Thank you for commenting - it always brings a smile to my face!

      Delete