Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Seasonal Changes & Lots of Learning Opportunities

Autumn is my favorite season.  I love the change of the leaves, pulling out the sweaters and scarves, and all the wonderful seasonal favorites -- apples, pumpkins, cardamom, and cinnamon.  

Here are a few of my favorite fall images.  

One of the first trees to turn.






I love the crunch of the leaves, the smell of the trees and the sounds of the forest animals.  Having returned to teaching, there is also the opportunity to teach the children to appreciate these things.  Our entire month has been full of tree related learning and I am loving every minute!  

Our 3-D model of the parts of a tree.

"Why we love trees" list.

A display on the wall of the math center.

Sorting, counting, and patterns with acorns and leaves on the
light table.

Graphing our favorite types of trees.  





No comments:

Post a Comment