Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Menu Planning October Week 4 & the Importance of Drinking Water

I have never been a water drinker.  I think that my distaste for it occurred when the suburbs gained access to "Chicago water" from Lake Michigan which from my research started around 1985.

I have found; however, that I feel better when I drink water.  Pinterest and food blogs all over the internet are full of "fruit water" recipes some with sugar some without.  Experimentation has lead to my own favorite concoction of lemon, orange, and cucumber.  I even freeze some in the bottom of my water bottles so that I can enjoy cold water all morning at work.  Preparing it on a large scale in mason jars ensures I always have some on hand.



Here is my menu for the week:

Monday breakfast:  homemade muffins, fruit water
Monday lunch:  Meeting at work - lunch served
Monday dinner: beef sandwiches with peppers, homemade sweet potato fries

Tuesday breakfast:  cold cereal, almond milk & banana
Tuesday lunch:  leftover chicken and noodle bake from Sunday, green salad
Tuesday dinner:  chicken enchiladas verde, rice, ff refried beans

Wednesday breakfast:  apples with peanut butter, fruit water
Wednesday lunch:  eat at work
Wednesday dinner:  shrimp fettuccine, minted peas

Thursday breakfast:  homemade muffins, fresh fruit
Thursday lunch:  eat at work
Thursday dinner:  ham steak, baked apples, scalloped carrots

Friday breakfast:  oatmeal, fresh fruit, fruit water
Friday lunch:  eat at work
Friday dinner:  Mexican Potato Casserole  from the website Mennonite Girls Can Cook.  It is my "testing" recipe for the week and I promise to have a review for you next week.

Saturday breakfast:  eggs & bacon
Saturday lunch:  BLT sandwiches, potato salad
Saturday dinner:  spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and green salad

Sunday breakfast:  hashbrown casserole, fruit salad
Sunday lunch:  beef and vegetable soup
Sunday dinner:  beef fajitas with peppers and onions, fresh tortillas, sour cream and avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment