Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 2, 2013

Menu Planning September Week 1

The long Labor Day weekend is coming to an end.  As we approach 10 pm my time, I realize just how many things I did not get to finish.  Oh well, I did finally organize the dining room and clean the carpet.  I'm hoping to finish the kitchen the bedroom this week.

So . . . my grocery shopping was sort of haphazard this weekend.  Many stores were out of items I had coupons for or wanted to purchase.  Here is what I came up with using what I have on hand or was able to purchase.

Tuesday breakfast: banana bran muffins, watermelon chunks
Tuesday lunch:  lunch @ work day
Tuesday dinner:  citrus chicken, sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

Wednesday breakfast:  banana bran muffins, fresh apple slices
Wednesday lunch:  leftover chicken made into a wrap with lettuce, tomato, light ranch dressing
Wednesday dinner:  marinated eye of round steak, buttered egg noodles, broccoli slaw

Thursday breakfast:  yogurt, pineapple chunks
Thursday lunch:  leftover steak, noodles, and slaw
Thursday dinner:  Spanish rice with chicken, salad

Friday breakfast:  cottage cheese and peach slices
Friday lunch:  leftover Spanish rice, watermelon
Friday dinner:  taco salad with homemade salsa in baked shells


No comments:

Post a Comment