Hint -- if you use frozen fruit, you don't need to add ice that will melt and water down your smoothie before you finish it.
The first is a fruit, honey, and almond milk recipe I created a few weeks ago. Soy is a "no-no" for now (thyroid condition) so I switched to almond milk and I have to admit I love it. Use the regular flavor as the vanilla is not only more calories but just a bit too sweet.
Berry and Honey Smoothie (makes 1)
- 8 oz plain almond milk
- handful of frozen blueberries
- 3 strawberries
- 1 T honey powder (or fresh honey)
- 5 almonds
- 1/2 t vanilla or almond extract
The second is a yogurt and juice smoothie I think would be awesome as a "dessert".
Apricot Yogurt Smoothie
- 3 dried apricots
- 1/2 c boiling apple juice (no sugar added)
- 1 T honey powder
- 1 C Greek yogurt (I love Chobani brand as it contains twice the protein)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract